The Treachery of Satan
Satan Begins by Doubting God’s Word
Genesis 3:1 The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?”
1 Peter 5:8-9 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.
Satan Ends by Denying God’s Word
Genesis 3:4 “You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman.
1 John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
The Sin of Adam
Adam becomes the first human sinner
Romans 5:12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.
Adam attempts to hide from God
Genesis 3:7-8 At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their nakedness. So they sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves. When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the Lord God walking about in the garden. So they hid from the Lord God among the trees.
The FIVEfold JUDGEMENT Upon Sin
- Man Wearisome toil. Genesis 3:17
- Woman Suffering in childbirth, subordination to man. Genesis 3:16
- Nature Thorns, thistles, aimlessness. Genesis 3:18
- Serpent To crawl upon its belly. Genesis 3:14
- Satan To suffer a fatal headwound. Genesis 3:15
FOURfold GRACE of God
- Seeking out Adam. Genesis 3:9 Then the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
- In promising them a Savior. Genesis 3:15 “…And I will cause hostility between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will strike[b] your head, and you will strike his heel.”
- In clothing them. Genesis 3:21 And the Lord God made clothing from animal skins for Adam and his wife.
- In removing them from the Garden. Genesis 3:24 After sending them out, the Lord God stationed mighty cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden. And he placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
MY DECISION TODAY
- Don’t doubt God’s Word
- Don’t hide from God
Run to HIM!